The perfect prescription for the soulless and thirsty. A crisp red ale with honey and a distinctive flavor of fresh ginger and citrus hop aromas that finishes at about 6.5% ABV. Just what the doctor ordered!
- The ginger sets this apart from other Red Ales.
Recipe DetailsScaled down so you can brew your own 5 gallon batch
- 3oz Fresh Minced Ginger @ Boil
- 1# Honey @ Boil
- Irish Ale Yeast (Wyeast Labs)
- Seeping: 1/2 pound of 120 L Crystal Malt
- 1/2 pound of 60 L Crystal Malt in 2.5 gallons cold water until temperature reaches about 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boiling: 7 pounds light dry malt extract plus
- 1 pound honey (8 pounds of total fermentable sugars).
- All added at the start of a 45 minute boil:
- 0.75 oz. Target Hop Pellets (19 IBU)
- 0.75 oz. Amarrillo Hop Pellets (21 IBU)
- Modified Dry Hopping regime: 1 oz. of Citra Hop pellets were added to one-quart of boiling water with 3/4 cups of bottling corn sugar which was added to fermented wort prior to bottling.